Returns and faulty policy
Damaged goods, breakages, shortages and incorrect goods.
48 hour checking period
Please ensure all goods are checked immediately after receiving delivery. Please provide a basic inspection of the goods within 48 hours of receiving the delivery to ensure that:
- You are happy with the goods you have purchased
- There are no apparent breakages upon delivery
- There are no physical faults or damage to the goods
- You have received the correct goods you have ordered and there are no shortages
If there are any queries on delivery please contact us immediately
If breakages or damages are reported after the 48hour checking period we will make every effort to get replacement parts (if possible). Replacement parts are however chargeable after the 48 hour checking period.
Returns and refunds
- We accept unused, unfitted boxed returns for a refund or an exchange provided we are notified in writing within 7 working days of receiving the goods
- Please note we will not accept goods back for a refund or an exchange if we are notified after 7 working days of receiving the goods
- All goods returned to us should be securely wrapped and received by us in their original condition
- Please note that unwanted goods are to be returned to us at the customers cost
- We require the following information in writing or by email when requesting to return goods:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Date received the goods
- Number of items you wish to return
- Item code, name and quantity
- Have you had the goods for less than 7 days?
- Reason for return
- Are the goods unfitted, unused, in original packaging and in a re-saleable condition?
- If you would like an exchange or refund
- Any other additional information which may help speed up the returns process
Please note that unwanted goods will not be accepted back for a refund or exchange until authorisation has been given from the sales team
Please note that all unwanted goods must be returned at the customers cost. Items can be returned by royal mail, parcel force or by a courier company. Please ensure proof of postage is obtained.
The address of which all returns are to be sent is:
Witchford Lighting Centre Ltd, Unit 2, Sedgeway Business Park, Witchford, Ely, Combs CB6 2HY
Once we have received the goods back we will inspect the goods and providing that they are unfitted, unused and in a re-saleable condition, returned in their original box with no damages and no missing parts we will then offer an exchange or refund.
Refunds are within 30 days and via the payment method you purchased the items with. If you require an exchange, an outbound delivery charge will apple.
Please note that a 20% restocking fee will be applied to all goods returned which are unsuitable or order through customer error
- Please provide a basic inspection of the goods immediately after delivery and report ant faults in writing or by email
- If faulty the company’s liability shall be limited to, at the company’s option sending a spare part, replacing the goods, refunding the price of the goods or offering an exchange.
- If a fault, breakage, damage or shortage is discovered upon checking the item after delivery, please do not fit the goods.
- Immediate replacements for damaged goods will be charged and credit issued on return of the damaged goods to the company in the original packaging
- Most goods have a manufacturing guarantee of 1 year. Please note that the finsh of outdoor lights are guaranteed for 1 year except within 5 miles of the coastline.
- We cannot accept responsibility for damage to goods that occurred in forward transit from the original delivery address
- Please feel free to send any pictures to help clarify or explain the fault or damage.
Once the sales team have assessed the information given a decision will be made on the best way to resolve the fault.
If the fault cannot be resolved by sending a spare part the goods will need to be returned to us for inspection and testing of the fault, if you are advised to return the faulty product to us for testing we ask where possible to send back in the item box and with an outer box with additional packaging to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for additional damage on return if goods are not adequately packages.
Once we receive the goods they will be inspected and examined. If the fault is not viable or it is difficult to see how the fault occurred, the goods will then be returned t the manufacturers for inspection and testing to determine the fault and whether or not it is a manufacturing fault. Providing the fault is as reported and the testing inspection confirms the fitting is faulty due to a manufacturing fault we will offer the option of a refund, replacement or exchange.
If inspection and testing proves the fault occurred for any there reason other than a manufacturing fault the light will be returned to you and outbound postage charges will apply. This is done within 30 days from Witchford Lighting Centre Ltd receiving the faulty goods; Refunds are within 30 days via payment you purchased the goods with.
No faulty goods will accepted back for a refund or exchange until authorisation has been given by the sales team.